What We Believe
We take the Bible as our guide for life and absolute authority for all time.
At EMMANUEL PRESS… WE Believe in…
1. The Bible (i.e. Old and New Testaments), is the inspired Word of God, the infallible, all sufficient rule for faith and conduct.
2. The One True God who lives eternally in 3 persons – the Father, The Son & Holy Spirit. And His love, grace and sovereignty is demonstrated in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The dignity of all people created male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet all corrupted by sin which incurs God’s wrath and judgement
4. The incarnation of God’s Eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ who was born of the Virgin Mary. He is truly divine and truly human yet without sin.
5. The atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross: dying in our place, thus paying the price of sin and reconciling us with God. The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ; his ascension to The Father and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world
6. God’s grace alone, through faith in Jesus Christ, all sinners are justified and are to live a holy life in obedience to God’s written commands.
7. The ministry of the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us to Jesus Christ by new birth and empowers disciples for witness, through the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
8. The two ordinances of the church today: water baptism as a sign of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ; and sharing in communion as a proclamation of the death of Jesus Christ on our behalf, until he returns.
9. The church, the body of Christ both local and universal; the priesthood of all believers, living by the Holy Spirit, endowed with His gifts to worship God and proclaim His Gospel.
10. The personal visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil God’s Purpose, when He will raise all people to judgement either to eternal life or eternal damnation; and establish the new heaven and new earth.